Some knitting projects are such a pleasure that it's hard to finish them just because I don't want to see them come to an end. These fingerless gloves are one of those projects. The yarn is
luscious Manos Silk and Merino. The pattern is
Welted Fingerless Gloves by Churchmouse Classics. The gloves were quick, easy and my hands loved the actual knitting. I look forward to some colder days because I think I'll love wearing them.

Now, here is a project that was the opposite of the gloves, in that I couldn't wait to say good bye once and for all. The
Mohair Bias Loop by
Churchmouse Classics was wonderful in the shop and I was excited to knit it for my cousin, Maren. However, the process went on endlessly. While the yarn (Alpaca and Silk) feels good, it was hard to get an even gauge and the loose stitches catch easily. Pulled threads are not fun to deal with, nor are they pretty. When I finally managed to get the scarf long enough, it was difficult to undo the
provisonal cast on and instead of the Kitchener I finally did a three needle cast off- the result is not pretty. Fortunately, when you bunch it around the neck it feels good, and no one can see the seam.

It can also be worn long, and if the messy seam is towards the neck, it looks pretty good.

This final sweater falls into the first category....I didn't want it to end, although I did want to wear it.
Iced, from
Knitty.com is wonderfully easy to knit, and
Knit Picks Cadena is a great yarn to work with. The sweater has no seams, and enough detail work to keep it interesting. It was finished in no time and it's great to wear.

I'm wearing it with a stick pin here, but I am in search for the perfect two or three buttons and I'll make loop buttonholes.
Actually, in spite of my feelings about these three projects, it's pretty amazing that they are all complete in time to wear in the Fall. Now, I guess, it's time to knit for Spring.
No comments:
Post a Comment