Monday, September 8, 2014

The Summer of Rogue Knitting


I've been taken with the Jane Thornley mode of free range rogue knitting all summer long.  Working with minimal instructions, color and texture has altered my attitude toward knitting.  I will definitely  use these new techniques in future knitting projects.

Midnight on the Rogue - a relaxed yet elegant shawl.  Gaye Lawson, a fellow rogue knitter, and I decided that this is the "opera" shawl, and the previous shawl is for more casual events.

I used odd yarns that I would not normally use.  The dark blue has thick and thin runs.  I can't imagine using it for anything other than a rogue.

I mentioned in the previous post, that I started Jane's summer mystery knit along.  I had no idea where I was going except that I was making a vest. Color and texture led the way.

I finished the vest as we drove, once again, through the Rogue River area, to Ashland Oregon.

I love the beautiful mess in my lap as I sipped my Dutch Bros coffee and admired the scenery.


Finished vest with vintage red glass buttons.







No comments: