Sunday, May 1, 2016

Central Lush 2-BR Apartment@Guting/Da-an


I love reading the titles of Airbnb listings. Fortunately, the listings include photos and maps so I can figure out where I am considering renting since the titles don't necessarily tell the full story. I have learned to read between the lines to decide if I think the listing is somewhat accurate.  In our case, our apartment is lush because there are some dead Christmas cacti and orchids in the cage attached to the bedroom window.  It does indeed have 2 bedrooms. As far as the Guting/Da-an assignation - that is a bit of a stretch. The Da-an and Guting MRT stations aren't close at all. The apartment is in Da Xue Village (University Village) and is very close to the Taipower MRT and the Gongguan MRT.  I suppose if a potential renter is familiar with Taipei the title of this listing would grab their eye, more than the actual location. Who knows?  We are happy with our selection.

Here's the street sign that indicates you've found our Alley.

Walking toward our building which is on the right, beyond the bicycle.
This is what you see when you first walk into the apartment.

This is the room with the window filled with lush dead plants.
Solomon's room has a crib to the right in the photo.

Here's the two burner cook top and full size refrigerator.  Many apartments have dorm room size refrigerators. I doubt anyone has an actual oven.

If you look closely you can see that we have plenty of appliances: hot water machine, Nespresso machine, blender.  There is also a rice cooker. The door to the left goes to the laundry porch.

Here's where we wash and dry our clothes.  There is no dryer so we hang them on hangars from rods on the ceiling.  We also sort our trash in this room.  It gets pretty crowded on laundry day, but we appreciate being able to wash our clothes.
Bathroom with the Taiwanese shower.  You can see the drain just under the shower curtain.
Bathroom door to the right.  Notice our rubber sandals that we need if we use the bathroom.
The best part of the apartment is that Solomon Soup comes to visit every day.


I could stay in this apartment indefinitely, if I could snuggle with this guy every day.

No comments: