Monday, October 2, 2017

Belle Montisi

 Montisi - another beautiful Tuscan hill town.  It has 350 residents. It is built on an ancient Etruscan necropolis.  It is beautiful. It is hard to describe Montisi with words, so here are some scenes that captured my heart.
On the way to Montisi.

Villa Maddalena, our home for one week. The door we enter is the middle one.
Walking toward the villa. Notice the flag - one room of the villa is the clubhouse for one of the four contradas.
The Contrada San Martino bulletin board. Several bedrooms of the villa are above the San Martino clubhouse.
From the loggia of my room, I look out over the Tuscan hills and part of Villa Maddalena garden. Ah............

From this map of Montisi, you can see it's very small.
Plaques like this are all around town.  I suspect that this is a depiction of the annual joust.  I hope it's not a real person being beheaded.
Many churches throughout Tuscany have mini labyrinths on display.
One of a collection of frescos at the back of a small parking lot.

If I could move to Montisi I would soon look like this.


Is this a little hotel?


Another fresco.
Belle Montisi. If you add wonderful food, fabulous wine, engaging day trips to the country side and a villa full of extraordinary people to the experience you end up with an enchanting week in Tuscany.

No comments: