This is our first full day in Amsterdam. I thought we might want to rest and loll around Frits and Carolien's lovely garden, but................the lure of Amsterdam beckoned Taylor and me to leave the house. Taylor and I walked to the city center and back - about a five mile walk. We had no agenda. We just enjoyed the sights.

![]() |
| Unexpectedly finding a yarn shop is quite typical for us. No, I did not go inside, but it looked good. |
![]() |
| Although I didn't go inside the shop, I got an idea for a future knitting project. |
![]() |
| This bike is completely covered in rubber ducks. I thought our friends John and Bruce would enjoy decorating their bicycles like this since they already have the rubber duck collection. |
![]() |
| Amsterdam is filled with old charm. |
![]() |
| Amsterdam also has some intriguing new buildings. |
![]() |
| We stumbled through a flea market. |
![]() |
| Classic Dutch flea market goods. |
![]() |
| Who wouldn't want to live in Amsterdam? Sunny day, canals, lounging in the sun. |
![]() |
| I couldn't decide if this boat was left on purpose to provide a duck haven, or if it was just abandoned. |
![]() |
| A trip to Amsterdam just isn't complete without a stop at the Sex Shop ATM. |

At the end of the day, a good bottle of wine shared with friends at the Italian restaurant at the street corner makes a visit to Amsterdam perfect.











No comments:
Post a Comment