Sunday, April 24, 2022

Norway 2022

 Fifty  one years ago I went to Norway. Two of the most memorable things I did while in Norway were hiking in the mountains, and meeting my mother's family.

Hiking with my friend Margit, and a lovely couple, Ellen and Jacob, who guided us on our first Norwegian trek. Jotunheimen. 1971

I am lucky enough to be able to travel to Norway again.  This time, instead of hiking in the mountains, I am going to take a 12 day cruise on the MS Trollfjord, from Bergen far north to Kirkenes. Then, as in 1971, I am going to meet members of my mother's family.  Among the family I will meet is Dagfinn who has planned an amazing trip for me to see the family farm and to meet a few people I met in 1971, and many who will be new to me.


I am packed and ready.  I'm leaving in two days!!!!


No comments: