Wednesday, July 8, 2009

A Perfect July Afternoon

This has been one perfect summer day. It started at 9:30 when my friend Linda came over and we drank coffee on the patio. When she left, I read the paper, ate lunch and enjoyed the warm air, interspersed with a cool breeze and listened to the trickle of the fountain. I continued in perfect heaven, adding a little knitting project, and I

finished one white wool glove!!!!! A perfectly satisfying summer project.
About the glove: knit in white wool sport yarn from Mission Falls. It knit up in a breeze and both the yarn and the pattern were a pleasure to work with. Unlike cotton, wool hides flaws and feels fantastic on the hands. I know it will feel good in the winter. It's a little plain, what with the white and all (it kind of reminds me of a garden glove). I had intended to add a fetching little cable, but as a first time glover I found I had my hands full with a thumb and four fingers. Can't wait to knit the second one and I have an idea for a little embellishment.
Now, to complete my lazy summer day, I'm off to fix some ice tea, grab my book and return to the patio. I may pick up the summer shell later on.
It just occured to me that if I hadn't had my ankle incident, I wouldn't have had a chance to have such a nice day. Hmmmmm..............

1 comment:

maren said...

It does sound like the perfect day as only you could make it.