I've got the names and addresses of a few shops in the area and plan to take my time exploring. I will actually have time to crawl from shop to shop because I'm doing something else, rather dramatic. I'm not taking my computer - no Face Book and no Blogging and no E Mail for 2 full days. It's kind of like giving up coffee.
Monday, August 3, 2009
Bird in Hand
It's best to have a bird in the hand, and in this case I have two birds in my hands: a perfect pattern to match my yarn. Yesterday I started these mittens and I am so happy with them. They've got a picot hem, which you can't see since I haven't done the hemming. They have an amazing braid stitch, which was a little tricky. The braid borders the two sections of flowers and leaves. And best of all - the gauge is correct. Sasquatch won't get to wear these babies.
As far as my birds in the bush (the yarn I need for the vintage glove patterns), I plan to search for the perfect yarn for them while I'm in Washington DC the next few days. I love my local yarn shop, but a good old fashioned yarn shop crawl (is this an old fashioned concept? I don't think so) will give me a purpose while Taylor is actually having a purpose to be in DC - work.
I've got the names and addresses of a few shops in the area and plan to take my time exploring. I will actually have time to crawl from shop to shop because I'm doing something else, rather dramatic. I'm not taking my computer - no Face Book and no Blogging and no E Mail for 2 full days. It's kind of like giving up coffee.
In the meantime, I haven't forgotten the summer shell. I even plan to work on it in the car. But my enthusiasm has waned. It's just plain straight knitting. No fetching braids, or knitted in vines or birds. Just knit, knit, knit, knit, knit, knit, knit.......................You see my problem. I do want to wear it though, so I'm just going to have to buckle down and knit, knit, knit, knit, knit, knit..................
I've got the names and addresses of a few shops in the area and plan to take my time exploring. I will actually have time to crawl from shop to shop because I'm doing something else, rather dramatic. I'm not taking my computer - no Face Book and no Blogging and no E Mail for 2 full days. It's kind of like giving up coffee.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I want the knit, knit, knit pattern. Sounds right up my alley. SCM
Car knitting is when I tackle long stretches of boring knitting - I save all my sleeves for car trips.
I loved making the BIH mittens - can't wait to see how yours turn out.
Post a Comment