Wednesday, May 17, 2017

European Adventure 2017 - on to England


North Cornwall - Padstow

Reluctantly we said goodbye to our family and friends in Bruxelles and put ourselves on the train  to London. From London we took a second train to Bodmin Parkway.  We are now in North Cornwall!!!!

Our prearranged taxi driver collected us at the station and drove us 19 miles to the fishing village of Padstow on the River Camel where it flows into the Atlantic Ocean.

I have been fascinated by Cornwall for years.  I suspect my first introduction to Cornwall was the Elizabeth George novels that I love.  Her detective Peter Lynley comes from an estate in Cornwall. Who wouldn't be intrigued by that? Plus, I had further evidence that I might like Cornwall from watching Doc Martin and Poldark on TV.  I'm not proud to admit I came to Cornwall because of murder mysteries and TV shows, but there you have it. What I wasn't prepared for was to fall in love at first sight .  And that is what I did.

Treverbyn House B&B gave us a room with a view.

The weather was spectacular.

The downtown harbor which is a short walk from our B&B was captivating.

There was no opportunity for annoyances.

There is even a tasteful Almshouse - although I think it is now expensive apartments

And, at the end of our introductory ramble we had sherry to sip as the sun set.

With an introduction like this, I'm sure that we will have a great 8 days in Cornwall.

No comments: