This is only our fourth full day in Taipei, but we are settling in to a pleasant pattern.
This morning, we walked out to try a new breakfast stop, before going to the market for fresh vegetables.
This spot is a little further from the apartment but it's convenient if we want to shop for vegetables. Absolutely no English spoken here. All the customers are regulars and I was definitely in the way. However, I held steady in my spot in line and managed to order "shao bing jia dan bing" for Taylor, and "tong you bing" for me. The result was, we got what I ordered. We decided the food was better than our regular restaurant, so we will be back.
With our stomachs filled with egg, we purchased a cart load of vegetables from the market and returned to the apartment to receive Sen Sen Solomon Soup. David dropped him off on his way to work for a full day of fun with Grandma and Grandpa.
It's a rainy day, but we feel that a trip to the little park near the apartment will help burn off a little energy, so off we go.
Our day is only at the half way mark. Fortunately, Taylor and I each got a little nap, and Chia will come to the apartment around 4:00. I think Taylor would agree with me that these are some of the best days ever. And, we still have 26 days to go.
This morning, we walked out to try a new breakfast stop, before going to the market for fresh vegetables.
This spot is a little further from the apartment but it's convenient if we want to shop for vegetables. Absolutely no English spoken here. All the customers are regulars and I was definitely in the way. However, I held steady in my spot in line and managed to order "shao bing jia dan bing" for Taylor, and "tong you bing" for me. The result was, we got what I ordered. We decided the food was better than our regular restaurant, so we will be back.
With our stomachs filled with egg, we purchased a cart load of vegetables from the market and returned to the apartment to receive Sen Sen Solomon Soup. David dropped him off on his way to work for a full day of fun with Grandma and Grandpa.
![]() |
| Now it's time to sing "I've been working on the railroad" with grandpa. |
It's a rainy day, but we feel that a trip to the little park near the apartment will help burn off a little energy, so off we go.
![]() |
| The children's equipment is pretty wet, but the grown up strider works just fine. |
Our day is only at the half way mark. Fortunately, Taylor and I each got a little nap, and Chia will come to the apartment around 4:00. I think Taylor would agree with me that these are some of the best days ever. And, we still have 26 days to go.





No comments:
Post a Comment