Lake Sevan is one of the largest alpine lakes in the world. It's a favorite of the resort set from Yerevan. However, we don't go there for the resorts. We go to have lunch, and to visit one more church.
 |
| I'm standing on what was once an island in Lake Sevan. Now, due to the 1930s Soviet plan to use lake water for hydroelectricity and irrigation, the water levels are lower, and it is a peninsula. |
 |
| Remote island location in the middle of an alpine lake. Is there a better place to build a monastery? |
 |
| The monastery and surroundings are the perfect location for artists. |
Taylor and I walked away from the monastery and followed a path towards the end of the peninsula. Looking down, we discovered the home of the former president. I wouldn't mind a house here.
 |
| This is beautiful right now, but I imagine that the winter would be pretty brutal. |
No comments:
Post a Comment