
Last night I finished my first project for 2009!!! I'd like to credit it to speedy knitting in the new year, but I started this shawl in November 2008. That's still pretty darn fast, and I'm not aiming for speed, but enjoyment along the way.
So...................the shawl doesn't look like much. Kind of like a wrinkly, lumpy purple and green amorphous blob. I haven't done much lace before, and I wasn't expecting this. Knitting from the top down to to point made it difficult to see the finished project as I knit....hence the surprise. Since my guage matched the pattern guage I assumed I was on target. I also forgot that I don't usually wear shawls, mainly because I don't know what to do with them.
So my questions are, is this shawl just plain unattractive due to my choice of yarn and/or do I simply not know how to wear a shawl? Or, will it improve with blocking? Here's hoping the blocking improves things. Even if it looks better, will I be able to wear it properly?
Now I'm on to my next project: a stuffed hedgehog for Carissa's baby. I'm so excited to be making something that won't have to fit? Plus it's felted, which covers many sins.
So...................the shawl doesn't look like much. Kind of like a wrinkly, lumpy purple and green amorphous blob. I haven't done much lace before, and I wasn't expecting this. Knitting from the top down to to point made it difficult to see the finished project as I knit....hence the surprise. Since my guage matched the pattern guage I assumed I was on target. I also forgot that I don't usually wear shawls, mainly because I don't know what to do with them.
So my questions are, is this shawl just plain unattractive due to my choice of yarn and/or do I simply not know how to wear a shawl? Or, will it improve with blocking? Here's hoping the blocking improves things. Even if it looks better, will I be able to wear it properly?
Now I'm on to my next project: a stuffed hedgehog for Carissa's baby. I'm so excited to be making something that won't have to fit? Plus it's felted, which covers many sins.
1 comment:
oh, you're doing a hedgehog! it was so fun and so very cute. mine is still visiting at the Tangled Web, but we're anxious to have him home again.
Post a Comment