Friday, January 2, 2009

New Years 2008

In my mind this New Years Eve was pretty spectacular.

We stayed home. I had my knitting (Adamus Shawl), a good book (A Suitable Boy), and 3/4 of my family (Taylor and David) all in the same room.


David was here from Davis, California. He didn't seem to mind hanging out on the couch with his favorite dog, Bob.
Taylor, who caught the cold I had at Mohonk, didn't seem to mind relaxing before the fire. Is this relaxing or snoring?

Bob was in Bob Heaven sleeping with his loved ones in the same room so he could take a break from looking out the living room window.


And I was happiest of all with David and Bob next to me. All that was missing was Syvart.

Our meal was amazing if I don't say so myself. We had the meal I had originally planned for earlier in David's stay, but due to the most miserable of colds I couldn't cook until tonight. I think everything was so good because I got carried away and put CREAM in everything!!! My evil twin must have gotten hold of me. Here's our feast:

  • Buffalo Chicken Cheese Dip - this was our afternoon snack so we could pace ourselves on the eating - it didn't have CREAM in it, but it had blue cheese, cream cheese and blue cheese salad dressing
  • Swedish Meatballs - CREAM added at the end really does make a difference
  • Green Beans - including Meyers lemon juice and rind, parmessan cheese, breadcrumbs toasted in olive oil and CREAM
  • Scalloped Potatoes with Gruyere and Carmelized Onions - this was from a new recipe that had me cook the potatoes in whole milk and CREAM before adding the cheese and onions and baking in the oven
  • Lemon Cake from the Midnight Kitchen. If it didn't have CREAM it had other high fat ingredients that made it delicious

New Year's Resolution: No more CREAM for a long time




1 comment:

diana said...

"Cream in everything!!" That could be your theme for 2009. I always like having a theme for my new year. Maybe I'll co-opt yours.