Sunday, January 11, 2009

Momentary Crisis

I have now survived a few days of knitting crisis. When I mentioned this to Diana today at the Tangled Web she replied that I needed to bolster up my stash. Well, that was not the problem. The problem was that I had finished the hedgehog and was waiting for the yarn to start my Einstein Coat. I needed a little project to get me through the weekend and I had the perfect little project.

I planned to use the natural and blue yarn that I bought at Rhinebeck to start some Norwegian style mittens. I've been so excited to make these. Well, I sat down with my needles and my yarn to make a guage swatch, and remind my fingers how to work stranded knitting. All was going well until I looked at my fingers. They were blue!!!!! The dye was bleeding onto my hands. Well, I knew that meant that the blue yarn would bleed all over the natural when I washed the mittens and all my color work would either be lost or the pattern would be dark blue/light blue. Not a satisfactory result

Crisis averted on Saturday night. Ann, from Tangled Web, called to tell me my Einstein yarn had arrived. I've already picked it up and am ready to go make my guage swatch right now!!!

In the meantime, the Hedgehog has been felted and is sitting on the dryer - drying. He is cuter than I ever imagined. Photo to follow.

No comments: