Something good has come from my ankle mishap. I have to stay on my tuckus, doing nothing active. I've had time to read, and reread how to do the tubular bind off and I did it!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it!!!!!! It was worth the effort.
It's nice and stretchy and doesn't have that end of the knitting appearance that you get with a regular bind off. I can see all kinds of uses for it when I want my knitting to just hang straight and not pull in at the end of the knitted piece.
My only regret is that by knitting the Diminishing Rib Cardigan in cotton/bamboo every irregularity shows. Therefore my tubular bindoff doesn't look as smooth as I think it would look in a more forgiving yarn - like wool. However I will keep in mind that I haven't washed and blocked this yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment