Friday, August 25, 2017

Call Me Alice

Those of you who are in touch with me regularly are aware I have of late been disgruntled by my name. Without knowing me, people often assume I am a man.  As a matter of fact, when the barista at Starbucks asks my name I always say, "Alice."

The worst thing that has happened recently is that my bank froze my account, including credit card, because they were sure that I am a man, and the real me is a fraudster trying to hack my own account.  I actually had to send proof that I am female before I was able to access my account that I have used for almost twenty years.  Even, Taylor, by being married to me, was locked out of our money.

Imagine my dismay when I encountered this a few blocks from my apartment near the Vatican:
                             

I am accepting other suggestions of new names.

Waiting your advice.

No comments: