Here we are, back in Taiwan for a month.
Here's what I know though: Chinese New Year will be here on February 4. It's the year of the pig.
Happy New Years everyone!
We dragged ourselves off the plane last night, thinking we would never be able to function again. We were utterly exhausted as we made our way to our new apartment. Our lovely landlady Jennifer met us at the apartment to show us the ropes of the new digs. As she was demonstrating the ins and outs of the apartment, Taylor passed out on the couch. Nonetheless, Jennifer was determined to show me around the neighborhood. She and I strolled the neighboring streets so I could easily find the grocery store, dumpling stand and traditional market in the morning. We were out until 1 a.m. And this is after I had already been awake for more than 24 hours. Let me tell you, today has been more than a little challenging. I was able to lead Taylor to the grocery store, but have no idea where all the other places are. Not only am I not running on all cylinders, everything looks different in the daylight.
Here's what I know though: Chinese New Year will be here on February 4. It's the year of the pig.
Happy New Years everyone!





No comments:
Post a Comment