Sunday, January 27, 2019

Happy New Year Family Dinner

This is our sixth trip to Taipei. By the time we come home from this trip we will have spent 5 months and one week in Taipei (the first visit was a one week wedding extravaganza). Thanks to our lovely daughter in law, Chia, I now feel like I am part of this huge, fascinating city.  Last night she invited Taylor and me to have a dinner with her family to honor the New Year and the family.  We had a wonderful time with our Taipei family.

Taylor and I managed to take the 63 bus to the restaurant without incident.  Eleven of us met outside the Hong Yuan Seafood Restaurant on Minshen East Road.

The food was delicious and the company was charming.

Here we all are, after dinner.  The dirty dishes are a testament to a wonderful feast.
The three cousins, Junior, Sophie and Solomon Soup.  They really like each other.  I enjoyed speaking Mandarin to Junior and Sophie while they practiced their English with me.
After dinner, Chia's sister in law and I nipped into the boutique next door, where they were having a wonderful sale.  We only looked.  We did not buy.

This is a very soft leather jacket.

Fancy leather.
 While the two of us shopped, the rest of the group went next door to 7-Eleven for dessert.

I think Chia's father should be very proud to have 3 wonderful grandchildren.  Sophie and Junior are really enjoying their treats and their grandfather.

Solomon with his aunt, Chia's sister.

David, Chia's brother and Taylor supervise the fun from behind bars.
Here's the star of the evening - Chia.
Thank you Chia for a most wonderful family dinner.

Happy New Year of the Pig.

No comments: