Tuesday, June 30, 2009

10 Good Things About .....

It's been almost a week since I took my nosedive on the lawn in front of my house. My ankle is still talking to me, and I'm trying to make the best of being couched for what seems to me a very long time. In trying to make myself feel better, I'm listing the good things that are happening due to my accident. Here they are:
  1. I check my email and face book everyday - often many times a day.
  2. I finished reading a murder mystery, Payment in Blood, Elizabeth George, and didn't figure out who the murderer was (Is this good?).
  3. I have watched more Wimbledon than any other year.
  4. I started reading Stubborn Twig, Lauren Kessler.
  5. I have almost finished knitting the Diminishing Rib Cardigan and figured out how to do the tubular bind off along the way.
  6. Taylor has brought me every single meal since last Wednesday.
  7. I haven't made the bed.
  8. I haven't done dishes.
  9. I've increased my percentage of wins for Spider Solitare to 21%.
  10. I've caught up on all the episodes of Nurse Jackie, and the new season of Weeds.

I can see my life has become very small.

2 comments:

sasha said...

I'm sorry about the ankle, though there are, as you say, worse things than having to lounge around all summer. A small life can be nice! Happy healing~

diana said...

I know that being stuck on the couch is theoretically a bad thing, but your week sounds sort of delicious to me!! I'm sending healing thoughts anyway.