It is hard to describe the Alhambra. It is the last stronghold of the Moors in Spain. They lost it in 1492, when the Catholics took over. It is an amazing fort, with palaces, gardens, baths, fountains, mosques, churches all within one huge walled city. I tried to get good photos, but I realized I can't do it. There are books dedicated to capturing the magic of the place. Why would my pictures, or any of those taken by the other 8000 visitors each day, be anything special? With a camera a person can manage to irritate those around him and actually miss the sights, sounds and smells of Alhambra. I took plenty, but tried to put the camera away much of the time. My pictures are only meant to spark my memory of this amazing place.
Here we are, taking a rest break at 5 in the afternoon: cafe con leche for me and Coke Zero for Taylor. We're in the courtyard of a hotel right in the Alhambra. I insisted we take a break before finishing our tour. The second wind made a huge difference.
A few random memories of Alhambra:
 |
| A view of Granada from Alhambra. We walked all over these hills the previous day. |
No comments:
Post a Comment