Thursday, March 20, 2014

The Leaving Is Slow, But the Train to Madrid is Fast

We left our hotel in Barcelona two hours before our jet train to Madrid departed.  Fortunately, we allowed plenty of time.

Taylor and I like to experience everything local when we are in a new environment. Since we felt we were already familiar with the Barcelona Metro, we planned to take it to the train station to catch the Ave train to Madrid.  We knew we could take either the L1 or the L3 to Sants Estacio Station.  We randomly chose the L1.  Well, we found we needed to transfer part way there to the L3.  If we had taken the L3 in the first place we would have gone directly to our destination.  So, after 2 trains and lots of walking (and I mean lots of walking, upstairs, downstairs and cross country, with 2 suitcases) we arrived at Sants Estacio.  We found our train platform, and guess what?  We were an hour early.
It didn't matter that we were so early, because the train station was delightful.  Here's the coffee shop right out in the open.



My white coffee even came with a real cup and saucer.  I'm a happy traveler and I haven't had any allergy meds today.  Life is good.  See you all in Madrid.




No comments: