| Hotel Anacapri in Granada. |
Granada is an amazing city. It has a wonderful combination of old and new. I am especially charmed by the old Moor, and Gypsy - or Roma- communities that march right up the hillsides. Unfortunately for me, my camera battery died so I didn't take as many photos as I could have.
Taylor and I wandered through the main part of town, exploring the squares, cathedral and alleys. It turns out that Queen Isabelle and King Ferdinand built a huge cathedral here to celebrate their good fortune in running the Moors out of town back in 1492. The cathedral was worth exploration. Then we followed the Dorro River up the hills into the heart the winding streets of the original Moor and Gypsy areas. We got lost, but always found ourselves again. It was a wonderful day.
| Shopping outside the cathedral. |
| More shopping near the cathedral. |
| You can pick up fresh spices after going to church. |
| The Dorro River. It is the source of the water up at the Alhambra. |
| Looking up toward the Gypsy homes. |
| I took this photo and the following two at a bathhouse. Apparently you can take a bath, smoke a hookah and have a snack with tea - all at the same place. |
No comments:
Post a Comment