We left our house in Portland at 4 a.m on Sunday, and arrived in Barcelona on Monday at 8 a.m. We are tired and punchy, but we love this city already. We've already walked La Rambla from our hotel to the harbor and explored some side alleys. I had to take a break due to a horrible allergy attack. I've now taken two allergy tablets and hope to go out for more adventures once the drugs kick in. I'm writing this from our room at the Hotel Continental.
 |
| Our room is kind of horrifying, but it's in a great location on La Rambla, it has a 24 hour source of included food, and the price is right. |
 |
| We had Cappuccino at a fabulous square off La Rambla. This is when the allergies kicked in full force. The coffee was great and the square boasts two of Gaudi's first works - street lamps. Taylor took the photo in between my sneezes. |
 |
| Here's a peek into a doorway off of one of the alleys. It was all I could do to stay out. I think it was an apartment building. |
 |
| Mercat de la Boqueria. |
 |
| Mercat de la Boqueria is like Redding Terminal Market in Philly and Pike Place Market in Seattle, but on steroids. |
1 comment:
Glad you made it there safe and sound, and hopefully the allergies will disappear. The city looks fabulous; hope you enjoy all your adventures to come!
Post a Comment