Saturday, March 22, 2014

Madrid


I'm still in love with Madrid, but oh, are my dogs barking!  I think we overdid it today.

We started out by walking to the Prado, where we admired centuries of art.   After a few hours of sensory overload there, we ate lunch at a little local dive, and moved on to modern art at the Reina Sofia. The star there is Picasso's Guernica.  That was the highlight.  I think I would have enjoyed it more, if I hadn't already spent several hours on my feet viewing the classics.

As if two museums weren't enough for us, we then walked over to the Jardin Botanica.  Lovely , but when the feet are tired, everything is tired.

We still need to go out to round up some dinner and then we can retire for good.

Here's hoping I can sleep tonight.  We are living in a big party neighborhood.  The party went on all hours last night, and then the garbage trucks and street cleaners went to work.  That made for a very restless night's sleep.


No comments: