I'm newly in love. With Madrid. We arrived around 3 o'clock. We took the Metro to Puerto del Sol and walked a few blocks to Hotel Ateneo. It's quite a few steps up from the Continental in Barcelona and in an excellent location.
Taylor took us on a walking tour to get the taste of the place, and the taste is good.
 |
| Our room is very modern with no chintz. We have a little balcony overlooking a side street. Thank goodness for the side street because the main street is very lively. |
 |
| Taylor is the designated tour guide. He does a very good job. I am learning about the main square - the center of political Madrid. |
 |
| Nearby is a pastry and candy shop. We found our way back here after dinner. We stood at the bar and ate our treats with the locals. We were having dessert. They were having an afternoon snack since they probably wouldn't have dinner until 9 or 10 - well after our bedtime. |
 |
| Can you see what this is? It's another yarn store. I think it was called the Black Cat. I didn't go in. But, I know where it is. |
 |
| Street musicians playing, "Hit the Road, Jack." I love the melodica. Syvart used to play one in high school. |
 |
| A bookstore built into the side of a church. |
 |
| A chocolate shop near the same church. We'll be going back for some sipping chocolate later in the week - for sure. |
No comments:
Post a Comment